Hellooooo! As I mentioned last week, registration for Pacificon 2016 (aka Bitchin' Party) will open at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Saturday, November 7, 2015. YAAAAAAAAAAAY.
The procedure is going to be almost exactly the same as last time, but here are all the dirty details anyway:
The registration fee is $85, and we are capping registration at 100 attendees.
The registration post will go up at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Saturday, November 7, 2015. You may register for yourself, for another person, or yourself AND one other person.
We will be using a registration form, the same as last year. It will be super-easy. You'll love it!
Information we will be asking for (for both self-registrations and registrations on behalf of others) includes:
1) Your real, actual name. FIRST AND LAST. Don't worry, no one will see this but us. This is just so we can match up payment and emails to your registration.
2) Your badge name. It can be whatever you want, however you want. We will print it exactly how you provide it here. That means capitalization, spelling, spaces, etc. Please be attentive to this (though you will have the opportunity to make corrections later if necessary).
3) A valid working email address where we can reach you quickly and easily. Please use proper punctuation instead of typing out "dot com," etc. Again, no one will see this but us. If you register for someone else, we'll send their confirmations to both of you.
4) Your method of payment. We need to know where to be looking. We also need a real, actual name where the payment will be coming from, so we make sure it gets applied correctly.
5) An age statement, which you can confirm using a handy tickybox! This event WILL have porn and booze and stuff available to those of age. We make no claim otherwise. You must be at least 18 in order to attend.
6) An LJ name, if you have one (even if it's not your primary platform). LJ will be the planning hub, and therefore knowing how many of you have an LJ account will be very helpful to let us know what accommodations need to be made for non-LJ-account-havers.
7) OPTIONAL: Your primary fannish home, and your name there (e.g., mine would be "rockedfaces on Twitter"). My main thought in asking for this is that it might be a better way to list the attendees, so that other attendees can find/recognize you. For ease of use/coding, please just pick ONE platform for this.
After you've submitted your form, you will be emailed a confirmation that you made the cut (make sure you check your spam filter if you haven't received it within a couple of hours). From the point at which you receive your confirmation email, you will then have seven days to submit payment. We greatly prefer Paypal to pacificon08 [at] gmail [dot] com for speed and online tracking purposes, but we can take a check or money order if absolutely necessary (US dollars only, please). If you're international, we have to insist on something electronic. If we don't receive your payment by the due date, your spot will be forfeit to the next person in line, if there is one. Once your payment is received, you'll receive a second confirmation email letting you know you're officially registered with Bitchin' Party. Woo!
Because we know that life is unpredictable, and the best-laid plans, etc., etc., we're offering the most lenient refund policy we can afford. If you need to cancel your paid membership before March 4, 2016, we will refund $65 of your $85. (We may also cry a little that we won't get to see you, but don't mind us.) After March 4, we won't be able to offer any refunds. However, we have a "no problem!" transfer policy. You can transfer your membership to another party at any time, even the day of the con if need be. After all 100 spots fill up, we will start a waiting list. Any cancellations after the fill point will be offered to the people on the waiting list, in order.
And don't forget, you can also:Follow us on Twitter (@bitchinparty)
Follow us on Tumblr (bitchinparty)
YAAAAAAY, ALMOST REGISTRATION TIME. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions!